Robotics and artificial intelligence are two terms that you can’t define. Robots can do various works, but the main question is, can they be intelligent? Therefore, artificial intelligence recreates human thought, which means it will be a robot-human intellectual ability.
People all over the world do not believe in it, but it is possible, and scientists will prove it. AI will have the ability to learn everything, store the data, communicate through different languages, and produce original thoughts. Robotics and artificial intelligence can overtake the human’s capabilities.
Moreover, some robots can learn and store things, but up to some extent, unlike humans. In Japan, robots are designed in such a way that they can dance and learn a few dance steps. Therefore, technology is growing, and in a few decades, we can see tremendous progress.
Difference Between AI And Robotics
People think that AI and robotics are two terms that have the same meaning, but they are wrong. However, when we combine robotics and AI, we receive AI robots. Therefore, the AI manages the brain of the robot, and robotics helps to give an output of the thoughts produced by AI.
Although AI and robotics are two different branches of science. AI is the branch of computer science, which deals with the production of thought, and their solutions like humans. We use AI in our everyday life like when we get a recommendation from Google and Facebook, these are due to Artificial intelligence.
On the other hand, the branch of science, which focuses on developing robots, which are machines, is known as robotics. Robots have sensors that help them to respond and function. Although, they cannot perform the task on their own before we give any command. Artificially intelligent robots are a robot which performs their duties with the help of AI.
Combination Of AI And Robotics
AI and robotics, had in hand, can be very beneficial. AI robots are improving, and here are some places where you can find AI robots.
- Assembly – in the sectors of aerospace, AI helps in the real-time correction. Therefore, AI will help the robot to learn while doing its operation.
- Packaging – AI robots can do quicker packing that too cheaply, and it saves a lot of time. Hence, you will find fewer mistakes, more accuracy, and it is easy to handle.
- Customer service – you can see that AI robots are used for customer service in stores, hotels, and big companies. These robots respond more quickly, and they cannot be rude. Moreover, they are cheap, and they can manage more work than a human being.
When AI and robots work together, they become smarter, accurate, and more profitable than human beings.
Disadvantages Of AI
- Most importantly, AI robots take massive amounts of investment. Hence, it has a considerable maintenance cost, and when you want to repair it, you will need a human resource, which will become more costly.
- It is the most trending discussion nowadays, that is it safe to have robots who are smarter than human.
- The tasks of AI are limited storage and the ability to do work.
- They can be a threat to humans because they do not have emotions, unlike humans.